Saturday, March 04, 2006

THE LOTUS EATER'S MAIL

Hello all,
Hope this finds you hale and hearty.Here is an update from my side, (though some of you know this already)This January I have joined .......... - This means a long cherished dream have come true --This means my adventures in Silchar Assam are over for good, and of course, I am missing them,--This means I am career wise in my 'happy ever after' stage---This means there is a problem… When you get something you hoped for and struggled for so long, you cannot immediately find and an answer to "what now?"
I am back in my old surroundings and running dangerously close to having a totally sedentary life from a reasonably active one...It is a transition from Ulysses (to strive, toil and seek) to Lotus Eater (why should life all labour be?)[due acknowledgement to lord Tennyson]
That is the curse (or is it boon?) of familiarity I guess...You don’t have anything new to discover, nothing to catch you by surprise, you been there, done all that.
Recently a friend from Silchar visited me and was absolutely smitten by kolkata. I felt jealous, I love every bit of this city, but I cannot feel that sense of wonder.The only new thing I keep doing here is keep reminding myself "I am not a student here. not anymore" when I enter the statuesque buildings. Expectedly, I feel small, humble, very young and a little weighed down, but nothing to worry, I will take it all in my stride.My stint in Silchar has instilled that much confidence in meThat already seems like a distant dream, and I am glad it happened.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

galpo talpo lekhata abar shuru kar na.
seriously bolchi, fajlami na.

Anonymous said...

hope boredom of success does not eat you up !

try something adventurous like joining the laughing club.

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooo that was soooooo coooool....wish I could write like that...i too loove Kolkata but not for too long..one day when I go away to doon, i would like to write all that myself about my stint in SIlchar and all that..sigh...kab aayega woh din???
Tipu will be 5 this March and he will simply not go to the building you stayed because you are not there...he was really fond of you but he has never said that in words...i can make that out. Tomro is Holi and Silchar is really hot and dry. Yesterday I went tyo Pavan's place. .
love and hugs

Anonymous said...

Hope you are fine and your lotus eater's life is as cool as it can be. Or are you turning into a Ulysses again?